About the job
The 3T Marketing team manages content on a number of different platforms: software documentation and articles on our Knowledge Base, release notes on our company blog, promotional copy for various channels, explainers for different audiences, e-learning courses on Academy 3T, collateral for our growing Sales team, and industry trend and comment pieces in influential journals.
As the Content Manager, you’ll be:
- Identifying growth areas in content development, site structure, keyword selection, on-page and off-page optimization across our websites to drive conversion and 3T’s organic search presence – while measuring your progress
- Explaining our tools and products to our core audience of developers and database administrators: your writing will take various forms, from in-app messaging and website copy to software documentation and how-to tutorials
- Taking charge of the Knowledge Base: writing new product documentation, keeping existing documentation up-to-date, maintaining the information architecture, and setting up content as required
- Helping with content creation for each monthly release: you will collaborate with the Development and QA teams to write documentation and update in-app messaging and tutorials, etc.
- Editing content in our Content Management System autonomously, acting as the first-level gatekeeper of our websites and creator of SEO-friendly campaign landing pages
- Writing technical content based on keyword and/or industry trend research for PR/external publications and distributing them on relevant platforms
The position is full time and will be based in our Berlin office (though currently we’re principally working from home, given the COVID situation).
We care deeply about serving our customers, and that means also helping them to learn new technology skills quickly and easily. So we’re looking for someone who sweats the small stuff and never forgets who the audience is. You’re comfortable with metrics, familiar with the nuances of different channels, and you know how to utilize data in formulating a content strategy.
Our ideal candidate has:
- A proven track record of technical copywriting
- The ability to learn and understand fairly complex technical concepts and explain them to developer audiences
- An up-to-date understanding of SEO best practices and algorithm ranking factors
- The ability to collaborate with diverse stakeholders
- The ability to prioritize and balance competing projects
- The ability to work independently and get stuff done
- Equally, the ability to work closely in a team to deliver a project on time
- Native, or near-as-makes-no-difference written and verbal communication skills in English
- Hands-on experience with WordPress, Google Analytics, Google Search Console
Extra credit if you also have:
- A background in Computer Science/Software, Web Development, or modern languages
- Experience with technical SEO
What we offer
- This role offers the chance to work on our widely popular MongoDB IDE products and really have your voice heard in
making an impact on the final result.
- Collaborative work with a fun, creative, and multicultural team.
- Prior to COVID our office had fitness classes on Mondays, German lessons on Tuesdays, and Yoga on Thursdays, plus the
occasional pizza lunch – we fully intend that this will return as soon as it’s legal and there is the demand again. In
the meantime our office, should you wish to work from it, offers beer, soft drinks, coffee, fruit, veg, and cereals.
Contact us now
If this sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply! Please send us a brief introductory letter and a full
CV in English, (not forgetting links to relevant samples of writing) to [email protected]. We would love to hear