Junior Frontend Developer
3T helps tens of thousands of MongoDB developers and administrators with their everyday jobs by providing the finest MongoDB tools on the market. We guarantee the best compatibility with current and legacy releases of MongoDB, continue to deliver new features with every new software release, and provide high quality support. In 2019 we outgrew our original office and now have lots of room to grow in our brand new office in Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin. Our office language is English, with teammates from over 15 nationalities.
Our great new office location offers a host of benefits:
- Located on the U2 line, a few minutes from the city center
- Regular free onsite fitness classes
- Free onsite German lessons
- Free drinks and snacks
In the current circumstances, all 3T staff are encouraged to work wherever suits them best, whether that is from home or in our head offices.
About the job
As the Junior Frontend Developer at 3T Software Labs you will support the Senior Frontend Developer and UI/UX Designer in developing customer-facing websites and apps. You will also work closely with the Marketing team to create & update content as well as help optimize it for SEO purposes.
This is a great opportunity to join a busy and growing team, so if you have experience building customer-facing websites, please read on.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Wireframe, test, build, deploy and manage high-traffic, mission-critical web applications; architecting their design in close collaboration with our UX/UI designers; and then creating them with modern React tooling.
- Support & learn from our Senior Frontend Developer
- Work within the 3T Web Team to deliver public-facing web applications
- Create & maintain pages on our WordPress website
- Build static websites with React & TypeScript
- Develop clean, maintainable, reusable cross-browser code.
- Optimize web assets for maximum speed and scalability
- Help design and build new web applications to support our Products & Services roadmap
Our ideal candidate possesses the following:
- A solid grasp of HTML & CSS foundations for layout & styling
- An understanding of code versioning tools (Git)
- An attitude of continuous improvement, and an ability to communicate & collaborate effectively.
- A willingness to keep up-to-date with and continuously integrate industry best practices.
Extra credit for having any of the following:
- Public-facing, production experience with React (including up-to-date knowledge of hooks, state-management, and data-fetching conventions).
- Production-level experience with WordPress, PHP and MySQL
- Knowledge of Material UI and / or Chakra UI
- Experience with deploying applications on the AWS platform
- Comfort with setting-up & deploying Linux-based servers, DNS, and CDNs
What we offer
- Excellent salary.
- The opportunity to have a real impact in shaping the product: we dominate the market in what we do but we’re still growing so every team member’s contribution counts and is recognised.
- A great environment: our team is sociable, diverse, and most of all, welcoming.
- A great space to work: our new office space comes with free breakfast, fruit, snacks, soft drinks and beer, as well as fitness classes on Mondays, yoga on Thursdays, and the occasional free pizza lunch.
- Responsibility and impact: Your work will have a major impact on the growth of the company and your opinions and ideas will be greatly appreciated (and requested!) at every step of the way
- Room to grow within the company as we continue to expand
- Flexibility: We offer very flexible work hours. Your cat is sick? Working from home goes without saying
Contact us now
If this sounds good to you, please send us a brief cover letter and CV in English to
[email protected]. We would love to hear from you.