Senior Frontend Developer
3T helps tens of thousands of MongoDB developers and administrators with their everyday jobs by providing the finest MongoDB tools on the market. We guarantee the best compatibility with current and legacy releases of MongoDB, continue to deliver new features with every new software release, and provide high quality support. In 2019 we outgrew our original office and now have lots of room to grow in our brand new office in Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin. Our office language is English, with teammates from over 17 nationalities.
Our great new office location offers a host of benefits:
- Located on the U2 line, a few minutes from the city center
- Regular free onsite fitness classes
- Free onsite German lessons
- Free drinks and snacks
In the current circumstances, all 3T staff are encouraged to work wherever suits them best, whether that is from home or in our head offices.
About the role
This is a rare opportunity to join the high-performance engineering team that designs and builds the market-leading Studio 3T IDE. Our end users are people like yourself: smart, curious, ambitious software developers who want to get more done and to save time in the process. And as the Senior Front End Developer you will own the interface between 3T and our many satisfied clients, across multiple platforms.
Who you are
You may already be a Senior Front End Developer looking for a new challenge. Or you may be a Mid-Weight Front End Developer who is now ready to step up a level and take on more responsibility. Either way you have solid experience of building applications with React & TypeScript. You can confidently take a product from idea to execution. You are obsessed with pixel-perfect design, and you take pride in delivering robust, thoroughly-tested applications into high-traffic environments via a CI/CD pipeline.
What you’ll do
- Wireframe, test, build, deploy and manage high-traffic, mission-critical web applications; architecting their design in close collaboration with our UX/UI designers; and then creating them with modern React tooling
- Develop clean, maintainable, reusable cross-browser code.
- Create & maintain internally-facing web-based tools for our Sales and Marketing teams
- Champion the User Experience across our frontend development process
- Optimize our web assets for maximum speed and ‘mobile-first’ scalability
- Design and build new web applications from scratch to support our Products & Services roadmap
- There will also be an opportunity to train and mentor a Junior Front End Developer to help with the diverse workload
For this role, you must be able to demonstrate:
- Professional experience with modern software development techniques for building modular and testable web applications
- Public-facing, production experience with React (including up-to-date knowledge of hooks, state-management, and data-fetching conventions)
- Development experience and confident grasp of TypeScript
- Clear capabilities with CSS & modern styling solutions including CSS-in-JS
- An attitude of continuous improvement, and an ability to communicate & collaborate effectively
- A willingness to keep up-to-date with, and continuously integrate industry best practices
Extra credit for having any of the following:
- Production-level experience with WordPress, PHP and MySQL
- Knowledge of Material UI and / or Chakra UI
- Experience with deploying applications on the AWS platform
- Comfort with setting-up & deploying Linux-based servers, DNS, and CDNs
What we offer
- Excellent salary
- The opportunity to have a real impact in shaping the product: we dominate the market in what we do but we’re still growing so every team member’s contribution counts and is recognised
- A great environment: our team is sociable, diverse, and most of all, welcoming
- A great space to work: our new office space comes with free breakfast, fruit, snacks, soft drinks and beer, as well as fitness classes on Mondays, yoga on Thursdays, and the occasional free pizza lunch
- Responsibility and impact: Your work will have a major impact on the growth of the company and your opinions and ideas will be greatly appreciated (and requested!) at every step of the way
- Room to grow within the company as we continue to expand
- Flexibility: We offer very flexible work hours. Your cat is sick? Working from home goes without saying
Contact us now
If this sounds good to you, please send us a brief cover letter and CV in English to
[email protected]. We would love to hear from you.