About the job
We are expanding our development team and so are looking for Software Engineers to join our team. You will be involved in the full life cycle of development of our desktop and online applications, with your ideas sought, listened to, and implemented.
Responsibilities include all the duties expected of an efficient and effective Software Engineer:
- Identifying, designing and implementing new MongoDB-focussed features and tools.
- Evaluating their effectiveness, incorporating customer feedback, and integrating that into further iterations of their design and implementation.
- Creating effective automated tests for those features
- Close collaboration with the Quality Assurance team in understanding use cases and acceptance criteria.
- Constantly improve the quality of our software and processes.
- Become a proper MongoDB expert with deep insights into how MongoDB works.
The position is full time and will be based in our Berlin office (though currently we’re principally working from home, given the COVID situation).
What you bring to the role
First and foremost, you are a passionate developer. You love coding, and take pride in producing elegant, performant code and ensuring its correctness. We need people who are self-starters and have a drive to meaningfully impact our continually improving product suite. Things happen fast in a start-up, and we value experience over formal qualifications. However our ideal candidate possesses the following skill set:
- Professional software development experience (Preferably in Java, though any other modern object-oriented language such as Python, C++ or C# will also count. In short, we hire demonstrably excellent developers, independently of which programming language you happen to have been using most recently), or an interest in working in software development, having studied Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
Extra credit if you already have experience or a strong interest in one or more of:
- MongoDB, Microsoft Azure CosmoDB, Amazon DocumentDB / DynamoDB, Couchbase or Elasticsearch.
- SQL databases, e.g. MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle.
- Experience of developing large, object-oriented code bases
- Server-side development, e.g. Spring.
- SWT, JavaFX or similar.
What we offer
- As mentioned above, this role offers the chance to work as a Software Engineer on our complex and interesting MongoDB IDE products and really have your voice heard in making an impact on the final result.
- A great environment: our team is sociable, diverse, and most of all, welcoming.
- Prior to COVID our office had fitness classes on Mondays, German lessons on Tuesdays, and Yoga on Thursdays, plus the occasional pizza lunch – we fully intend that this will return as soon as it’s legal and there is the demand again. In the meantime our office, should you wish to work from it, offers beer, soft drinks, coffee, fruit, veg, and cereals.
Contact us now
If this sounds good to you, please send us a brief cover letter and CV in English to
[email protected]. We would love to hear from you.