Software Quality Assurance Engineer
About the job
We are looking to add experienced Software QA Engineers (mid & senior) to our QA team. You will be involved in the full development life cycle of our MongoDB IDE desktop application. At 3T, quality is recognized as being crucial to our success, and your ideas are sought after, listened to, and implemented.
You will be primarily manual testing, which presents interesting and exciting opportunities given the complexity, variety, and sophistication of our products.
Your role will include all of the following:
- Acceptance, exploratory, and regression testing of our desktop and server applications across Windows, MacOS, and Linux platforms.
- Logging defect and improvement tickets and following up on their resolution.
- Creating and maintaining test cases in TestRail.
- Close collaboration with the in-house development team to recognize use cases and acceptance criteria.
- Become a proper MongoDB expert with deep insights into how MongoDB works.
The position is full time and will be based in our Berlin office (though currently we are principally working from home, given the COVID situation).
What you bring to the role
First and foremost, we are looking for passionate testers: people who love breaking software and who just can’t let it go if something doesn’t seem right. We need people who are self-starters and have a drive to meaningfully impact our continually improving product suite.
Our ideal candidate:
- Experience in software testing, or an interest in working in software testing having studied Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
Extra credit if you already have experience or a strong interest in one or more of:
- Experience testing desktop applications on Windows, MacOS, Linux.
- Familiarity with MongoDB.
- Good comprehension of SQA methodologies and SDLC.
- ISTQB Certification.
- Experience working with: SQL databases, TestRail, Java IDE (such as IntelliJ), Unix shell scripting.
What we offer
- As mentioned above, this role offers the chance to work as a QA Engineer on our complex and interesting MongoDB IDE products and really have your voice heard in making an impact on the final result.
- Prior to COVID our office had fitness classes on Mondays, German lessons on Tuesdays, and Yoga on Thursdays, plus the occasional pizza lunch – we fully intend that this will return as soon as it’s legal and there is the demand again. In the meantime our office, should you wish to work from it, offers beer, soft drinks, coffee, fruit, veg, and cereals.