About the job
We are rapidly expanding our team and we are looking for a UX/UI Designer to join us. You will work together with all of our teams, ideating, creating concepts, fleshing out design work from discovery through to delivery. Your ideas will be sought, listened to and implemented.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to the development of our design system.
- Design the graphical user interface of our desktop application, web properties and other digital assets.
- Work with an interdisciplinary team that includes our UX/UI designer, Customer Insight, Web design and Marketing specialists, software developers and quality assurance engineers.
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed designs, and design rationale both verbally and visually.
- Research the best practices and make sure we are applying them.
- Conduct UX/User Testing sessions with our customers.
The position is full time and will be based in our brand new Berlin office. Currently we’re mostly still working from home, but the expectation is we will settle into a 3:2 ratio for WFH and from the office.
What you bring to the role
First and foremost, you are a passionate, self-motivated designer with a drive to continually improve our product suite for the customers’ benefit. You want to design visually pleasing and usable experiences – and encourage intuitive user behaviors – that help everyone work more effectively with 3T tools. In a startup projects evolve and switch direction quickly, so we value passion, resilience, ideas and a pragmatic attitude over formal qualifications.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Two or more years in professional UX/UI Design employment.
- An exciting portfolio showcasing your design thinking and vision.
- A desire to work collaboratively with our multidisciplinary team.
- Knowledge of UX/UI design processes and methodology.
- Familiarity with customer research methodologies and turning customer feedback into action.
- A good understanding of the technical implications of your design decisions and knowing when to compromise.
- A love for problem solving, new challenges, and a desire to drive your projects from research to completion with a keen eye for detail.
- Experience using Figma as the primary design and prototyping tool.
- Fluent English communication skills, both speaking and writing.
Extra credit if you also have:
- Hands-on work experience designing desktop applications and complex digital products.
- Knowledge of tools like Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Experience working in an international and multicultural workplace.
What we offer
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible working from home policy.
- 30 days holiday allowance.
- This role offers the chance to work on our complex and interesting MongoDB IDE products and really have your voice heard in making an impact on the final result.
- A great environment: our team is sociable, diverse, and most of all, inclusive.
- Fitness classes, German lessons at all levels, and Yoga when available, plus the occasional pizza lunch – we fully intend that this will return as soon as it’s legal and there is the demand again. In the meantime our office, if you want to work from it, offers beer, soft drinks, coffee, Club Manatée, fruit, veg, and cereals.
Contact us now
If this sounds good to you, please send us your portfolio, a brief cover letter and CV in English to: [email protected]. We would love to hear from you.