Studio 3T has one mission: to build the finest NoSQL tools available. Over the last five years we have firmly established ourselves at the forefront of NoSQL innovation and we dominate the NoSQL tooling market with over 400,000 active users of our MongoDB IDE – Studio 3T and Robo 3T products. In June 2019 we outgrew our original office and now have lots of room to grow in our brand new Berlin office. Our official office language is English, with teammates from over 15 nationalities. September 2020 saw 3T achieve a major milestone as we launched our second product – Server 3T. The next few years will be about scaling up, and to do that we need a technology recruitment specialist to keep pace with our needs and help us grow.
About the job:
If you’re reading this job advert then we don’t need to tell you how vital well-executed recruitment is to a business, especially when it’s in a strong growth phase, so first and foremost we are looking to hire our first in-house recruiter to tackle this challenge.
The lion’s share of the workload will be in provisioning Development and QA, but we also have ambitious growth plans for the Technology Marketing, Sales and UX teams. From day one we’ll be relying on your experience and local market insight to overhaul our current recruitment process, demonstrate what more can be done and then follow through and establish for us a steady supply of the very highest quality candidates.
Here are some of the things we’ll be expecting from a successful in-house recruiter:
- Creating and posting job ads from across the business
- Conducting initial qualification calls with applicants so hiring managers are starting interviews with more than just a CV
- Arranging interviews on behalf of hiring managers
- Seeking out passive and active candidates
- Standardising the recruitment process across the business
- Consulting with hiring managers on local market conditions in relation to salary, and hiring time estimations.
- Creating a record of the recruitment process to make benchmarking future applicants easier
- Putting in place best-practice monitoring for success during probation
In short, we’re looking for someone to build this new function from the ground up. Once a solid foundation is in place we hope to see the function develop into a real strategic asset.
The position is full time and will be based in our Berlin office.
As the sole in-house recruiter we need you to show up on Day One with all the tools and knowledge you need to excel in the position. Of course we will teach you everything you need to know about our business, our culture and our roadmap, but as far as the recruitment is concerned, we need to learn from you. Therefore it goes without saying we need someone who can take on this challenge, work independently and balance the creation of the function with bringing in top class candidates as soon as possible.
A successful applicant will have:
- 3+ years of technical recruitment experience, ideally with some of those spent in an in-house capacity
- Local insight for the technology recruitment market
- A demonstrable record of success in technology recruitment
- Experience in consulting with hiring managers, setting expectations and holding hiring managers to account to ensure a smooth experience for the candidate
Extra credit for:
- Experience building or running an in-house recruiting team
- Experience in conducting interviews
- Experience in recruiting for Sales & Marketing roles
- Experience in supporting a company through a period of rapid growth
- Experience in supporting annual reviews
What we offer:
As mentioned above, this role offers the chance to really impact our business and create an internal recruitment function the way you think it should be.
Prior to Covid our office had fitness classes on Mondays, German lessons on Tuesdays and Yoga on Thursdays, plus the occasional pizza lunch – we fully intended that this will return as soon as it’s legal and there is the demand again. In the meantime our office, should you wish to work from it, offers beer, softdrinks, coffee, fruit, veg and cereals.
Contact us now:
If this sounds good to you, please send us a brief cover letter and CV to [email protected] We would love to hear from you.