3T is a fast growing start-up based in Berlin. Our product suite includes the hugely popular professional Studio 3T IDE for MongoDB (previously known as ‘MongoChef’) and the Robo 3T (previously known as ‘Robomongo’) enthusiast MongoDB GUI. We are the leading provider of developer tools for MongoDB professionals.
Our mission is simple: to build the finest NoSQL tools available – simply by developers, for developers! We are rapidly expanding our development team, and have several new developer positions open. This is a great time to join us on our mission, and be a part of this exciting new team!
What you will do
As a senior software developer working on our MongoDB developer tools, you will be involved in the full development cycle, including:
- Identifying, designing and implementing new MongoDB-focussed features and tools
- Evaluating their effectiveness and reintegrating that into the design
- Working with an amazing, fully-charged team that will love to help get you up to speed and exceed far beyond that, in all areas of development
- Thoroughly developing MongoDB expertise and gaining deep insights into how MongoDB works
- Becoming part of the exciting worldwide MongoDB and NoSQL development communities, which is where the future of databases lies
The position is full time and will be based in our Berlin offices.
First and foremost, you are a passionate software developer. You take pride in producing elegant, performant code and ensuring its correctness. You simply love coding – for you, it is both a craft and an art. You are of course a self-starter, and aren’t afraid to be social – opinionated deep-dives and the occasional burger-and-beer evening out is all part of the great camaraderie of the team.
Things happen fast in a start-up, so we really only ask that you:
- Are strong ‘algorithmically’
Extra credit if you already have experience or a strong interest in one or more of:
- MongoDB, CosmoDB, Couchbase or Elasticsearch development and design
- Programming languages, and programming language processing (i.e. you’re comfortable with ASTs, semantic analysis, etc.)
- Server-side development
- Full front-end development
- GUI design
- SQL databases, e.g. MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle
As our team is from all over the world, you should be able to converse fluently in our office language – English. You do not need to know any German.
Ability is what defines a great developer. We value ability and experience over any formal qualifications. You actually know how to code and you can show it? Great, we want to hear from you!
What we offer
- Very competitive salary
- Responsibility and impact: Your work will have a major impact on the product and your opinions and ideas will be greatly appreciated (and requested!) at every step of the way
- Flexibility: We offer very flexible work hours. Your cat is sick? Working from home goes without saying
- Great environment: We have a great team with a great sense of humour (although, who wouldn’t say that about themselves, actually?) and we are based in the heart of Berlin – one of the most bustling and exciting cities in Europe
- Participation in technology conferences, workshops, meetups and user-groups
Contact us now
Drop us a brief cover letter / CV / links to GitHub or other open work at [email protected]. We look forward to hearing from you.