Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Studio 3T has one mission: to build the finest NoSQL tools available. Over the last five years we have firmly established ourselves at the forefront of NoSQL innovation and we dominate the NoSQL tooling market with over 400,000 active users of our MongoDB IDE – Studio 3T and Robo 3T products. In June 2019 we outgrew our original office and now have lots of room to grow in our brand new Berlin office. Our official office language is English, with teammates from over 15 nationalities.
About the job
We are rapidly expanding our Quality Assurance team and so are looking for Senior QA Engineers to join our team. You will be involved in the full life cycle of development of our desktop application, with your ideas sought, listened to, and implemented. Responsibilities include all the duties expected of an efficient and effective QA Engineer:
- Acceptance, exploratory, and regression testing of our application across multiple OSs
- Logging defect and improvement tickets and following up on their resolution
- Creating and maintaining test cases in TestRail
- Close collaboration with the development team to understand use cases and acceptance criteria
- Constantly improve the quality of processes
- Become a proper MongoDB expert with deep insights into how MongoDB works
These positions are primarily manual testing roles, which present interesting and exciting challenges given the breadth, variety and sophistication of our products. As such, we are seeking candidates who have commercial experience in manual testing and a desire to further their career in the manual testing domain.
The position is full time and will be based in our Berlin office.
First and foremost, we are looking for passionate testers: people who love breaking software and who just can’t let it go if something doesn’t seem right. We need people who are self-starters and have a drive to meaningfully impact our continually improving product suite.
Things happen fast in a start-up, and we value experience over formal qualifications. However our ideal candidate possesses the following skill set:
- At least 3 years experience in testing software
- Experience testing desktop applications on Windows, macOS, Ubuntu (any or all)
- Excellent communication skills in English
Extra credit for having any of the following:
- Familiarity with MongoDB or other NoSQL databases
- Experience working with SQL databases
- Experience working with TestRail
- ISTQB Foundation certificate
- Experience with a Java IDE such as IntelliJ
- Shell scripting knowledge
What we offer
- Excellent salary.
- The opportunity to have a real impact in shaping the product: we dominate the market in what we do but we’re still growing so every team member’s contribution counts and is recognised.
- A great environment: our team is sociable, diverse, and most of all, welcoming.
- A great space to work: our new office space comes with free breakfast, fruit, snacks, soft drinks and beer, as well as fitness classes on Mondays, yoga on Thursdays, and the occasional free pizza lunch. Being a start-up, we of course have a ping-pong table.
Contact us now
If this sounds good to you, please send us a brief cover letter and CV in English to [email protected] We would love to hear from you.