Studio 3T is the market-leading GUI and development environment for professionals working with the MongoDB database platform. With over 100,000 daily users we get hundreds of requests for new features and recommendations for how we can make it better. We are determined to deliver beyond our users’ expectations.
We need an experienced UX Designer to play a central role in designing the future direction and evolution of the Studio 3T workspace. The successful candidate for this UX Designer role will relish working flexibly with colleagues from the widest range of cultural backgrounds and in all departments of the business. We believe fundamentally in user testing and iterative design to arrive at the best solution.
What you bring to the role
- Two or more years experience working in software usability and interface design
- A portfolio of completed projects in production, including applications and websites
- Wide experience of working closely with software development and/or DevOps teams
- A fascination for finding design answers that satisfy user intentions at first attempt
- Experience of running usability testing sessions and ensuring that positive input feeds into the next design cycle
- A pragmatic understanding that constraints are often the parents of the best design
- Ability to collaborate with peers, as well as motivate and inspire them
- Ownership of the design cycle from user research, through customer journey analysis, storyboarding, wireframing and into production
Nice-to-haves but not essential
- Degree level qualification in design, HCI, usability engineering or a related discipline
- Experience of designing data visualisations and/or visual database interfaces
As our team is from all over the world, you should be able to converse fluently in our office language – English. You do not need to know any German.
What we offer
- Very competitive salary
- Responsibility and impact: Your work will have a major impact on the product and your opinions and ideas will be greatly appreciated (and requested!) at every step of the way
- Flexibility: We offer very flexible work hours. Your cat is sick? Working from home goes without saying
- Great environment: We have a great team with a great sense of humour (although, who wouldn’t say that about themselves, actually?) and we are based in the heart of Berlin – one of the most bustling and exciting cities in Europe
- Participation in technology conferences, workshops, meetups and user-groups
Contact us now
If this sounds good to you, please drop us a brief covering letter / CV / links to things you would like to share or other open work at [email protected] We would love to hear from you.