Introducing AI Helper for MongoDB, the AI assistant that builds queries for you. In Studio 3T 2023.3, IntelliShell is hooked up to OpenAI and you can ask a question and get an answer from your MongoDB database.
The Headline Feature of Studio 3T 2023.3
AI Helper, the AI query builder, takes a question written by you in natural language and turns it into a query ready to run on your MongoDB database. AI Helper can write complex queries including aggregations. Run your query and view the answer to your question in the panel at the bottom of the IntelliShell tab.
Which AI is AI Helper compatible with?
AI Helper is compatible with OpenAI GPT-3.5.
How do I hook up AI Helper with my OpenAI account?
If you don’t already have one, you will need an OpenAI API key. You can generate an OpenAI API key by following this link: https://platform.openai.com/account/api-keys.
- In Studio 3T, open the Preferences dialog and select the IntelliShell tab. Paste your key in the OpenAI API Key box and click OK.
- If you already have IntelliShell open in Studio 3T and you open AI Helper, the Configure button takes you to the IntelliShell tab, for you to type or paste in your API key.
Does AI Helper share my data?
Studio 3T does not share field values but it does share part of your schema or document structure. It shares collection names, field names, and field types with OpenAI’s services on each request through an encrypted HTTPS connection.
How do I use AI Helper?
- Select a database or a collection in the Collections sidebar.
- Open IntelliShell.
- Click the AI Helper button.
- Start typing your question in the box. If you selected a database in the Collections sidebar, click Select source to choose your collections before you start typing. You can add multiple collections from the same database.
- Click Generate query. AI Helper writes your query in the panel to the left.
- Click the run button to get your answer. IntelliShell displays the answer in the bottom panel.
For the full history of changes in Studio 3T, see the change log.
Auto-update in the app, or start your free 30-day trial today:Download Studio 3T