3T (which means here 3T Software Labs Limited and 3T Software Labs GmbH) respects your privacy. All information you give us is held with the utmost care and security.
Use of information
Examples of the types of personal information we will collect are: name, company, postal address, email address, phone number, details of website, features and product usage, installation data and product commentary.
We will use the personal information provided to us in order to:
- process orders submitted by you;
- customize the service we provide to you;
- administrate or otherwise carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement you have with us;
- verify your identity (e.g. if you participate in any promotions administered by us);
- anticipate and resolve any problems with any goods or services supplied to you;
- carry out market research and surveys and track sales data;
- send you our newsletter, where this is requested by you;
- track your engagement with us, including through our website, articles and newsletters;
- understand how you use our products and services;
- contact you by telephone and send you follow-up communications relating to your use of software downloaded from our website; and
- send you information about our other products and services.
We may also ask you for other optional information such as what sort of equipment/device/software you use and what other subjects interest you. If you choose to give us this information, we will use it to help us provide you with the best possible service that is personalized to your needs and preferences.
Although we do not make it compulsory to give us every item of information we ask for, the more information volunteered by our customers (and the more accurate it is), the better we can match our services to the needs of the body of our customers.
During the installation process we may give you the opportunity to choose what ‘product use’ information you provide to us.
We also collect information from you if you choose to take part in any of our on-site surveys or promotions. We will use this information to administer the promotion, help us plan other promotions and improve the services we provide.
Third-Parties and their sites
Certain 3T services, such as payment processing or assisting with user evaluation of our products, are offered in conjunction with our (third-party) business partners. In such cases, we may need to share your personal information with them in order to provide these services. In this instance, please note that certain services may be unavailable if you do not want to disclose the personal information you are asked for.
Where our services make use of hosted tools, hosted data storage and payment services provided by third parties any of your personal information stored by such third parties shall be subject to their privacy provisions.
While we choose our business partners carefully, unfortunately we cannot be responsible for their privacy policies and practices or those of other sites that you access using links from our site. Therefore we recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit.
In addition, if you linked to our site from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
We only record calls that we believe will help us improve the products and services we provide, or help us evaluate our performance in customer-orientated parts of the business. Furthermore, we do not record calls in any jurisdiction where dual consent is required.
In addition, we will only record a call we conduct with you (incoming or outgoing) having already announced to you our intent to do so and given you the opportunity not to participate.
Log files/IP addresses
When you visit our website, we automatically log your IP address which is recognized by our web server. We use IP addresses to help us administer the website, to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use and to track your engagement with us.
Non personal information
3T may share non-personal aggregate or summary information regarding its customers with partners or other third parties, such as information relating to the number of users linking to our website from their sites but 3T does not sell or share any information at the individual level.
Cookies / Web Analysis with Google Analytics
Information about cookies
(2) Disabling/Enabling Cookies – users have the ability to accept or disable cookies by modifying the settings in their browser. Disabling cookies, however, may mean that some functionality may be affected. For further directions on how to disable cookies please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/stop-cookies-installed.html
Discount Terms and Conditions
Effective August 17, 2017, Studio 3T offers a 50% discount on all commercial editions (Core, Pro, and Enterprise) to startups that meet the following criteria:
- Is privately held
- Has been in business for no more than three years
- Is engaged in development of a software-based product or service
- Is an established business with a website and/or existing online public references
Eligible startups must provide proof of the company’s establishment date, either by uploading an official document through our form or by linking us to credible online sources.
The Studio 3T startup discount can be used for up to five licenses, which can be purchased at any point within the startup’s first three years of business.
Should an eligible startup want to upgrade a previously purchased license (e.g. Core to Pro), the 50% discount can still be applied as long as the startup has not reached the five-license limit. Upgraded licenses will then count towards the five-license limit.
The Studio 3T startup discount cannot be combined with any other discounts, apart from the automatically applied volume discounts.
No refunds will be issued for any payments made before receiving the startup discount. We reserve the right to cancel the discount in cases of chronic abuse or other circumstances.
Effective August 17, 2017, Studio 3T offers a free one-year Pro license to teachers, students, and researchers who agree to use Studio 3T only for classroom or research work, and can provide the following proof of eligibility:
- School-issued email address OR
- Proof of enrollment (e.g. school ID card, transcript, report card)
Teachers, students, and researchers who are still eligible for the Studio 3T education discount after the first year can reapply for the discount through our form, as long as they can provide proof of eligibility. Should they no longer be eligible for the Studio 3T education discount, they can purchase Studio 3T licenses with a renewal discount.
No refunds will be issued for any payments made before receiving the education discount. We reserve the right to cancel the discount in cases of chronic abuse or other circumstances.
Effective August 17, 2017, Studio 3T offers a 50% discount on all editions for nonprofits that agree to use Studio 3T only for nonprofit work, and meet the following criteria:
- Holds a valid charitable status with the local tax authority (e.g. IRS in the United States)
- Is not a school, college, or related organization (see our Education Discount instead)
- Is not a church, hospital, or a legislative, political, or religious organization
- Is not a private grant-making or operating foundation
- Is not an organization that aims to influence public opinion or promote a certain doctrine
- Does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation or political affiliation
Eligible nonprofits must provide proof of valid charitable status and a description of nonprofit’s mission, either by uploading an official document through our form or by linking us to credible online sources.
No refunds will be issued for any payments made before receiving the nonprofit discount. We reserve the right to cancel the discount in cases of chronic abuse or other circumstances.
Other than the disclosures referred to in this policy, we will not disclose any personal information without your permission unless we are legally obliged or entitled to do so (for example, if required to do so by Court order or for the purposes of identifying fraud or other crime).
We will only disclose your personal information to a third party either as part of a reorganization or a sale of the assets of 3T and/or having ensured that steps have been taken to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
Information about our products and services
It is very important to us that we provide you with the highest level of service. In order to help us do this, from time to time 3T may send you, with your consent, details of our products and services which we think may be of interest to you. If at any time you do not wish to continue to receive these details, then send a blank email message to email@example.com. You can also unsubscribe from our newsletter by following the unsubscribe instructions located at the bottom of each of our newsletter communications.
Keeping our records accurate
We aim to keep our information about you as accurate as possible. If you would like to review or change the details you have supplied us with, please contact us as set out below.
User discussion forums
3T may make chat rooms, forums, message boards and/or other news groups available to its users. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should always be careful when deciding to disclose your personal information.
We have implemented technology and policies to help safeguard your privacy from unauthorized access and improper use. For example, transactions conducted through the website are encrypted and user log-in is subject to password protection. We will continue to monitor and update security measures as new technology becomes available as appropriate to the website.
Transfers of your personal information outside of the European Economic Area
Information you provide to us may be transferred by us to our partners and service providers that are situated outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA. Any of our servers may also be temporarily located in a country outside the EEA. If we transfer your information outside the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
If at any time you would like to contact us with your views about our privacy practices, or with any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting us at 3T Software Labs Limited, Newnham House, Cambridge Business Park, Cambridge, CB4 0WZ, United Kingdom.
You are entitled to ask for a copy of the information we store about you (for which we may charge a small fee).
Studio 3T Telemetry Data
We invite you to contribute anonymous telemetry data from Studio 3T (it’s configurable in Preferences). When you agree to contribute, Studio 3T will securely send completely anonymous telemetry data about the high-level features that are used within the application back to 3T. The telemetry data is invaluable in helping us more deeply understand user needs and to prioritize new features and improvements in subsequent releases.
Studio 3T is committed to protecting your privacy. We will never collect your name, address, or any other personal information. It’s safe, secure and completely anonymous.
Telemetry data collection and submission have no performance impact on the application and will have no affect on your regular workflow.
What kind of telemetry data is collected
- General details about the Studio 3T application, such as the version number being used, or the type of OS it’s running on.
- That a particular type of tab has been opened, e.g. the Collection View, IntelliShell, or the Aggregation Screen.
- That a particular type of query has been executed (e.g. ‘aggregate’, ‘find’, ‘distinct’), but only that the execution has occurred or that particular options were used (e.g. ‘skip’ or ‘limit’), and not, for example, the specific query criteria.
- Whether the bundled tools (e.g. the shell or dump and restore tools) are being used or not.
What kind of data is NOT collected
- User names or passwords.
- Server addresses or port numbers.
- Field names, collection names, database names or connection names.
- Any document data or field values.
- Specific query criteria.
- Paths or file names.
We welcome and greatly appreciate your contribution in helping make Studio 3T even better.