Incremental Migrations & Exports | Export only the newest documents in your collections
Are you exporting whole collections but only really need the newest documents? Then the incremental migration/export feature within MongoDB to SQL Migration and Export Wizard is your new time-saver.
Instead of running the full migration or export, choose to run it incrementally to shave minutes – or hours – off your runtime. By saving the incremental export or migration as a task, you can run it on-demand or schedule it as needed.
Studio 3T Incremental Migrations
For example, schedule your incremental exports daily so that you’ll always have yesterday’s data for reporting purposes, in your chosen target SQL database or export format.
MongoDB to SQL Migration | Customizable SQL Types
We’ve implemented even more flexibility in migrating to SQL with the new option to create and modify SQL types. Under the Overview, select Edit SQL Types to launch the dialog.
Studio 3T SQL Type Editing
Selecting the target SQL database format will display the default conversion types. You can edit these to match your needs, or add new types altogether. Your configuration will be saved for future migrations.
Studio 3T Custom SQL Type Result
You can also run this migration incrementally, and your mappings will be preserved. To learn more, have a look at our MongoDB to SQL Migration documentation.
Data Masking | Bulk editing and conditional masking
We’ve made big improvements to our Data Masking tool this month! You can now select and mask multiple fields in a collection simultaneously. Our new interface allows you to then fine tune which data types are masked with the technique of your choosing. To that end, we’ve also added a new technique: Replace field value with random string.
Studio 3T Conditional Data Masking
Have a look at our documentation to learn more about using Data Masking to boost your security and data compliance needs.
Import Wizard | Import tabs get a new look
We’ve also revamped our Import Wizard tool: with a new widget for connection selection, a JSON preview pane, and overall better UX/UI design. Take a look below.
Studio 3T Import Wizard Redesign
Read more about Import Wizard in our documentation.
As always, we’d like to thank the many users of Studio 3T for reaching out for their own productivity needs. Jörgen Jost for reporting an issue where the VQB would mistake an ObjectId in a textual query as a string; Brad McAllister for reporting an issue when importing an invalid connection string from the clipboard; Zach Buckner for suggesting the new Data Masking method, “Replace field value with random string”; Trent Deckard for reporting an issue with erroneous read-only lock results; Miljenko Modric for reporting an issue when connecting to a single replica set member; Franz Gerhäuser for reporting an issue when a search would find a match in a collapsed section; Paul Calhoun for requesting support for Mongo Java Driver 4.x in Query Code; and to everyone else who made this release possible.
Fixes and Improvements
- Improved application look when the selected light/dark theme differs from the operating system default (Windows and Mac OS only)
- Added support on Windows for a dark theme title bar
- Fixed crash when dropping a high number of databases
- Fixed issue where read-only results would continue to allow operations if the _id field was projected out
- Fixed issue where the read-only lock icon would erroneously display as disabled in read-only Query Assist results
- Fixed issue where directly connecting to a single replica set member would erroneously connect to the entire replica set
- Fixed a crash that could occur when importing an invalid connection string from the clipboard
- Improved performance issues when masking an object with nested arrays
- Fixed issue when masking a string field with the substring regex match technique
- Export Wizard now remembers and suggests the last chosen format selection
- Added partial support for mongo shell 5.0
- Fixed a crash that could occur when using Studio 3T’s code formatter on a script
- Fixed an issue where a direct connection to a server would connect to the full replica set
- Now supporting comparisons with other fields by using the $expr operator in MongoDB queries
- Now supporting Mongo Java Driver 4.x
Visual Query Builder
- Fixed an issue where the Visual Query Builder would mistake an “ObjectId” in a textual query to be a “String”
Table and Tree View
- Table and the Tree View now support navigation with the HOME and END keys
JSON Editors and Viewers
- Fixed Studio 3T hanging when a search would find a match in a collapsed section
View the full list on our change log.
Download Studio 3T
Auto-update in the app, or start your free 30-day trial today:Try Studio 3T 2021.7