In this post, we’ll walk you through how to connect to ScaleGrid using Studio 3T. We’ll also highlight useful features that might come in handy when working with your MongoDB cluster.
ScaleGrid is a Database-as-a-Service provider offering fully-managed MySQL, Redis, PostgresSQL, and MongoDB hosting.
- In the ScaleGrid console, locate your MongoDB cluster on the left-hand pane.
- Click on the Overview tab.
- Scroll down to the Connection String section and click on the Copy button.
- Open Studio 3T and click on Connect in the toolbar, or the Connect button under Recent Connections. This will take you to the Connection Manager.
2. Click on New Connection in the top-left corner. This will open a new connection window.
3. Click on From URI.
4. Paste the connection string you copied from ScaleGrid, making sure that you replace the placeholder <password> with your actual password.
5. Click OK.
6. Go through the Server, Authentication, SSL, and SSH Tunnel tabs and make sure everything is correct.
7. Click Save.
8. Click Connect.
Now that you’re connected to your cluster, you can also easily import CSV, JSON, BSON or SQL to MongoDB through Studio 3T’s Import Wizard:
Whether you’re a MongoDB newcomer or pro, Studio 3T has the right querying feature for you.
If you don’t know the MongoDB query language, be productive with Visual Query Builder. Just drag and drop fields you want to query into the builder, press Run, and done – no mongo shell syntax required.
If you’re coming from SQL, don’t let your skills go to waste – use them to query MongoDB from day one with the SQL Query feature:
Build more accurate MongoDB aggregation queries with Aggregation Editor, which lets you apply operators and check inputs and outputs stage by stage.