Senior Software Engineer
3T has one mission: To build the finest NoSQL tools available. We have firmly established ourselves at the forefront of NoSQL innovation and the NoSQL tooling market with over 100,000 active users of our MongoDB IDE – Studio 3T.
3T is growing!
In the last 12 months (and for the second time) we outgrew our office space. We now have lots of room to grow in our brand new office in Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin. Our office language is English, with teammates from 30 nationalities.
We are currently looking for a passionate Senior Software Developer to join our growing Development team.
As a part of the team, you will be involved in the full life cycle of the development of our desktop and online tools, with a chance to proactively contribute to our products and have a real impact on their many users.
Who you are
First and foremost, you are a passionate software developer. You love coding and you take pride in producing clean, elegant, performant solutions that are robust and easy to maintain. Ideally, you are a motivated self-starter and have a drive to meaningfully impact our product suite.
What you’ll achieve
- Design and implement solutions for MongoDB-focused features and tools
- Evaluate their effectiveness and incorporate customer feedback into further iterations
- Collaborate with our Quality Assurance team to ensure robust and high-quality results
- Contribute to the constant improvement of our development processes and tools
What we need you to bring to the table
- At least three years of professional software development experience
- A good understanding of algorithms, data structures, and how to use them efficiently
- Practical knowledge of the most important concepts of object-oriented programming
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
Extra credit if you also have…
- Experience with developing in Java
- Experience of MongoDB, or other NoSQL databases
- Proven skills in developing and working with large, object-oriented code bases
- Experience of desktop development, using SWT, JavaFX or similar technologies
- Experience of backend development, e.g. using the Spring Boot framework
- Practical knowledge of SQL databases, e.g. Oracle, PostgreSQL etc.
What we’ll bring to the table
- A chance to work on our exciting MongoDB tools
- Want to move to Berlin? The relocation package is ready
- Flexibility with regards to working hours and working from home in Berlin, so you can nurture your work/life balance
- 30 days of annual vacation plus 24.12 and 31.12 off – and yes, all vacation days can be taken at once if you wish so
- Free weekly German and English language courses for all employees on company time
- We sponsor 50% of the cost of your monthly public transportation ticket (for the Berlin area)
- You will surely have fun at our regular Team Events such as Team Quiz Nights, Summer and Christmas Party
- Planning to buy a new gadget? We are offering discounts on various products through the corporate benefits program
- We also offer the opportunity to have a real impact on our products and in shaping the team: as a team, we have built a strong foundation of process and strategy but being a scaleup we want to hear and try your ideas
- We have already mentioned that we have great space to work: Our new, modern office space offers free breakfast, fresh fruit and vegetables, soft drinks, beers, and snacks
- And finally, we will not forget to emphasize that our team is sociable, diverse, and most of all, welcoming.
Our approach to hiring is transparent and uncomplicated. As we respect your time and effort, we will do our best to have ‘’just necessary” conversations and to provide all relevant information about the role and your development within the company.