Senior Software Engineer
3T has one mission: To build the finest NoSQL tools available. We have firmly established ourselves at the forefront of NoSQL innovation and the NoSQL tooling market with over 100,000 active users of our MongoDB IDE – Studio 3T. We have teammates from over 20 nationalities and our official office language is English.
We are looking for Senior Software Engineers to join our growing development team. This role will involve you in the full life cycle of development of our desktop and online tools, with a chance to proactively contribute to our products and have a real impact on their many users.
The position is full time and will be based in our modern and attractive office in the heart of Berlin. Given the current situation around the pandemic, we’re principally working from home. Once we all return to the office, a hybrid working model will be in place, which makes it possible for everyone to keep working from home for up to three days per week.
Who you are
First and foremost, you are a passionate software developer. You love coding, and take pride in producing clean, elegant, performant solutions that are robust and easy to maintain. Ideally, you are a motivated self-starter and have a drive to meaningfully impact our product suite.
What you will do
- Design and implement solutions for MongoDB-focused features and tools
- Evaluate their effectiveness and incorporate customer feedback into further iterations
- Collaborate with our Quality Assurance team to ensure robust and high-quality results
- Contribute to the constant improvement of our development processes and tools
What you will need
- At least three years of professional software development experience
- A solid understanding of algorithms, data structures and how to use them efficiently
- Practical knowledge of the most important concepts of object oriented programming
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
Extra credit if you also have…
- Experience with developing in Java
- Experience of MongoDB, or other NoSQL databases
- Proven skills in developing and working with large, object-oriented code bases
- Experience of desktop development, using SWT, JavaFX or similar technologies
- Experience of backend development, e.g. using the Spring Boot framework
- Practical knowledge of SQL databases, e.g. Oracle, PostgreSQL etc.
What we offer
- A chance to work on our exciting MongoDB tools
- A great environment: Our team is sociable, diverse, and most of all, welcoming
- A great space to work: Our new, modern office space offers free breakfast, fresh fruit and vegetables, soft drinks, and snacks
- Flexible working hours and 30 days of vacation
- Free, weekly English and German language courses for all employees
- Prior to COVID our office had fitness classes on Mondays and Yoga on Thursdays, plus much-loved pizza lunches – we fully intend that this will return as soon as that’s possible
Contact us now
If this sounds like a good fit for you, we’d like to hear from you!
Apply via LinkedIn or send a Cover Letter and CV in English to [email protected]