One of the most popular Studio 3T features is Export to SQL, available in our Pro and Enterprise editions.
Try it out along with our other Pro features, free for 14 days.
Once you’ve downloaded Studio 3T, let’s take a look at how easy it is to safely export MongoDB to SQL.
- Access the Export Wizard by right-clicking on a server, database, or collection and choose Export (e.g. Collection). Alternatively, click on the Export button on the toolbar.
- Choose SQL as the export format.
- Name your SQL table and choose your SQL format. We of course support all the major SQL databases for your convenience: Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, and PostgreSQL. You can also choose whether you want to add statements for Create or Drop Table, or to use and auto-incremented, additional column as a primary key.
- Choose the fields you want to export.
- Studio 3T matches the Source Type with the closest SQL type, but you can override this. Rename the SQL column too, if you like.
- Choose where the data will export to. Or just export to Clipboard.
- Review your export summary and click Start Export. Success! Your new SQL file can now be safely imported for quick deployment.
Studio 3T not only makes it easy to export MongoDB to SQL, but also to other formats like JSON, CSV, and BSON/mongodump.
We’ve also recently introduced another superb Pro feature: SQL Query. Now you can write SQL to query MongoDB directly, and automatically convert your SQL queries to five languages. Talk about saving time 🙂
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in March 2017.