- Connect to your MongoDB database.
- Choose the collection from the Connection Tree.
- Right-click on any cell and choose Insert Document.
Alternatively, use the hotkey Ctrl + D (⌘ + D).This will open the Insert Document > JSON window.
- Type the fields to be added in JSON format. There is no need to add an _id field, as
mongodwill create this and assign the document a unique
- Click on Add Document, or Add & Continue if adding more documents. The new document should then appear in the collection’s Result tab.
Updated on December 5, 2019